3D Printers have come a long way in the past few years. The technology has advanced in such a way that there are several fantastic industrial-grade 3D printers for under $1000 in 2016. Various manufacturers are now offering printers in this category that are able to create just about anything from a variety of filaments such as ABS and PLA. With a little “know how” and a bit of ingenuity, creativity, and brainstorming, you could be on your way to printing physical objects right from your computer. We’ve narrowed down a few 3D Printers that are worth the money and make sense from an investment standpoint. Additionally, we’ve provided a review of each one to give you a clear understanding of which are smart choices in 2016.
FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
- As the newest, latest, and greatest, the FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro replaces the extremely popular Creator X with the same heavy duty design, but a multitude of new features have been added and refined.
- Built from a metal frame that’s sturdy and strong, right out of the box. It’s equipped with a 6.3 millimeter metal plate made from aviation grade aluminum so there’s no doubting it’s strength and durability through the test of time. 3D Printing can expose some very high temperatures so it’s good to know that the material is well up to the task.
- There’s a 10 millimeter guide rod that provides precise movement for the filament so the final product always turns out exactly as expected.
- While printing, the unit is enclosed for added protection for both you and the prints.
- Built-in LCD screen and button for onboard functionality right from your fingertips. You can print from and SD card or simply over USB from a variety of software platforms.
- Compatible with both 1.75 millimeter ABS or PLA material for universal compatibility with easy refills.
- Works well on both Mac OSX, Windows, and even Linux operating systems.
- Protected by an impressive manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited lifetime support from expert technicians that can assist you at anytime in the future if need be.
Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printer
- Known as one of the most reliable, easiest to use, and most widely supported device in this category, the Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printer provides plenty of enjoyment for bringing your ideas to life.
- Since it’s the first ever UL-certified 3D printer, you can rest assured knowing that it’s built for reliability for years to come. Each one of their printers are strictly tested and put through a series of tests before being sealed and ready to ship to consumers.
- Simple printing right out of the box. You’re given free access to a wide variety of downloads that include ready to print models, starter projects, and customization options.
- Protected by a generous one year warranty period. Dremel has long been a trusted business since 1932, and prides themselves on the products they release. They even offer free one on one mentorship and support if you happen to have any troubles with the printer.
- Uses 1.75 millimeter PLA filaments. Dremel recommends that you purchase their own branded filament for best results.
- Comes included with a wide range of additional accessories including an instruction manual, quick start guide, one filament spool, a spool lock, power cable, USB cable, SD card, build tape, object removal tool, unclog tool, and a leveling sheet.
Wiiboox ONE MINI Desktop 3D Printer
- The Wiiboox ONE MINI Desktop 3D Printer sets itself apart from the rest by taking safety to an entirely new level. It’s the first of it’s kind with an ultra-fine particulate air filtration system to assure that you never breathe in toxic or harmful particles. During the 3D printing process, ultra-fine particles are created as a by-product that have potential for real danger and health hazards.
- Backed by numerous safety measures for radiation safety, circuit safety, and overall product safety. This printer has padded CE EMC, PAHs, REACH, LVD, ERP and ROHS tests with flying colors to assure long lasting safety precautions that can make a real difference in reliability.
- The printing process is done in a 100% enclosed environment covered by 4 way easy access so you can reach into the machine and do calibration, maintenances, etc. without much hassle.
- Equipped with a high resolution stepper motor that produces a print resolution of 100 microns. With a print speed of 180 millimeters per second, you can print with less wait time and more results. The printer has been rigorously tested to perform for over 3000 hours without issue.
- Since the printer has the ability to continue from where it stopped, there’s no notice on the final product when you need to change the filament, pause the task, or switch to a new color.
- With a large and obvious “start” button on the front, operation is started with a single click of the button.
- Very easy to use, even with little to no 3d printing experience. Comes included with an innovative Customized Cura system that walks you through the process of creation from the starting digital files to the final ABS or PLA filament printing task.
- Backed by an impressive 1 year warranty with full free lifetime support. The filament or consumables are covered by a 3 to 6 month warranty.
ROBO 3D R1 Plus Fully Assembled 3D Printer
- With a massive build volume and the ability to print in 100 micron quality, the ROBO 3D R1 Plus Fully Assembled 3D Printer meets the mark for both quality and a budget-friendly price tag.
- Measuring 10″ x 9″ x 8″, it can produce objects that are twice the size than your average personal 3D printer, making it a top choice for consumers who want to create objects of their choice without ridiculous size restrictions.
- Prints from a variety of different materials in an assortment of colors. There are over 15 compatible materials to print with including PLA, ABS, Wood PLA, Stainless Steel PLA, Carbon Fiber PLA, Nylon, HIPS, Rubber (Ninjaflex semiflex only), and more.
- Comes included with an easy to use 3D printing software interface that give you the ability to take any CAD objects are bring them to life. Additionally, you can access a wide range of free downloadable files on their website, thingiverse.com
- Covered by a 6 month parts replacement warranty and free unlimited 24/7 customer support if you have any questions or concerns regarding the printer at anytime.
- As an upgrade and for a bit more, you can upgrade to the printer that comes with a scanner. The scanner can export in various formats so you can recreate physical objects with little effort.
WER Mostfun 3D Printer
- As a highly affordable and reliable choice, the WER Mostfun 3D Printer provides the perfect blend of both quality and reliability.
- Whether you need a 3D printer in the home, office, or workplace for prototyping, designing, or sculpturing, this printer offers an easy to use interface with an all metal frame structure that’s compatible with both 1.75 millimeter TPU and PLA (filament not included).
- Simple to use and easy to configure and function, even if this is your first 3D printer. Commonly used by schools and robotics laboratories, it offers offline printing support, and printing from an SD card (no computer is needed).
- The sturdy design makes the calibration process easier than others in the same price range. Calibration takes no more than 5 minutes, and once it’s completed, the printing process is entirely detailed, clean, with little to no mess.
- Covered by a 12 month warranty period with free local advice if needed. You can contact a local dealer and have an inspection performed if there are any issues. If you don’t have access to a local dealer, you can get help from the companies own repair specialist.