If you’re looking to improve your home theater experience a considerable amount, it may be time to upgrade your AV receiver. The AV receiver is the core of your entertainment center and plays a huge responsibility in providing perfect high definition video with incredible surround sound audio. If you want the latest and greatest, don’t skimp. Go with a 7.2 channel network receiver that’s capable of 4k video, Bluetooth, and WiFi because let’s be honest, you’re going to want to make the most of your investment for years to come.
We went ahead and scoured the market to help our readers determine a few highly capable, best rated 7.2 channel 4k AV network receivers for 2016. We found several from different reputable manufacturers that are definitely worth the money. Needless to say, each one of these AV receivers below performed with exceedingly high marks and impressed us enough to add them as a top recommendation for the year.
- The Yamaha RX-V779 is a top of the line choice that’s built with a wealth of grade A features that have been keenly developed to bring you a stunning home theater experience.
- At first glance, you’ll notice the sleek and attractive brushed aluminum front panel. It looks great, but there’s also a core of functionality behind it. It blocks the receiver from unwanted radio frequency noise that can interfere with the internal circuitry.
- Easy setup and professional configuration thanks to the innovative YPAO feature. Simply plug in the provided microphone and it will automatically tune the audio system. It uses reflective sound control and multi-point measurements to tweak the settings so that every seat in the room experiences a powerful and realistic theater experience.
- Connect to your laptop, tablet, or smartphone with the use of WiFi or Bluetooth for seemless integration without the use of wires or cords. You can even control the receiver with the free AV controller app, it turns your smartphone or tablet into a remote control. How cool!
- On the back there are two HDMI out (HDCP 2.2) ports so you can have a dual display or two screens running simultaneously. You can setup two different zones for two different rooms with different speaker setups.
- Supports the latest 4k Ultra HD video with an incredible transmission of 4k video at 60 frames per second. High definition had never looked so much clearer and vibrant.
- Priced considerably less than the Yamaha RX-V779, but just as impressive, the Sony STRDN860 provides 1050 watts of power with 5 HDMI in, and 1 HDMI out that fully supports HDCP 2.2.
- Engineered to deliver the best sound starting at the structure of the receiver itself. It’s built with a steel chassis with a high capacity power transformer along with the latest high grade studio quality capacitors.
- Internally there’s a massive heatsink that’s custom built to dissipate an incredible amount of heat so that no matter how long you operate it for, there won’t be any issues with overheating.
- Thanks to WiFi and Bluetooth you can access your music libraries through various platforms such as Spotify, Airplay, DLNA, etc. Streaming music from your smartphone, laptop, or tablet is an easy task that takes only a couple of seconds to configure.
- Sony equipped the STRDN860 with Google Cast built-in so you have the ability to instantly access your favorite radio stations, podcasts, and more. Use your smartphone and you’ll gain access to literally millions of options as far as music goes.
- With the SongPal app from the iTunes or Google Play store, you can turn your smartphone or tablet into a remote control to give you the functionality of your receiver right at your fingertips.
- Sony recently came up with a new technology known as LDAC. It gives enhanced, surreal audio entertainment like you’ve never heard before. We like to think of it as HD for your ears.
- With the use of DSEE HX or Digital Sound Enhancement Engine, compressed audio files are given another chance. It brings out the rich frequencies that tend to be lost in common audio compression.
- TRILUMINOS Color pass-through brings out the vibrancy and high definition that you expect when you watch videos in 4k true HD.
- Featuring Dolby Atmos surround decoding, the Denon AVR-S710W brings fantastic audio quality that gives a fresh listening experience that everyone will be able to notice.
- With 6 HDMI inputs that all fully support the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 technology, you can enjoy a lifelike video experience with full 4k Ultra HD. Five of the HDMI inputs are located on the back panel, but there’s a conveniently located one on the front panel for easy access.
- Comes with the Audyssey Bronze Advanced DSP Suite, a similar feature to Yamaha’s YPAO technology. Denon includes a measuring microphone that’s used for the initial setup process to optimize your speakers and subwoofer to their best abilities. It generates custom filters that adjust the way that each speaker sounds according to the layout you have your surround sound setup in.
- Capable of multiple room listening. You can use five of the channels in one room, and the other two channels in another room at the same time. It’s a great solution for those who want to be able to watch a movie in one room and listen to music in another.
- With your tablet or smartphone, head on over to the Google Play or iTunes store to download and install the Denon Remote app. It brings the functionality of a remote to your fingertips on your mobile device.
- Take it one step further and upgrade with the Denon HEOS Link so you can turn any room into a wireless audio zone.
- The setup process and first time use is a piece of cake. It comes with an exclusive Setup Assistant and intuitive Quick Start Guide that thoroughly brings you through the entire process of configuration and standard use.
- Another great choice is the Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver. It incorporates DTS:X object based surround sound technology that proves the importance of phenomenal sound quality.
- With DTS:X you have the ability to fully personalize your audio experience by giving the receiver exact specifics as to how you’d like the layout of your surround sound to be. Additionally, you can adjust the dynamic range and the control dialog at anytime.
- Equipped with AirPlay, WiFi, and Bluetooth so you have multiple ways to stream music from pretty much wherever you’d like. Also, the receiver comes pre-installed with various audio libraries and radio players like Spotify, SiriusXM, TuneIn, Pandora, and more.
- Inside there’s a premium-grade digital to analog converter that brings all of your mp3 files to life. It’s an AK4458 Asahi Kasei chip that filters out frequencies and tones that don’t add to the experience.
- Download the Onkyo app to turn your tablet or smartphone into a remote control.
- Dual zone audio gives you the ability to set two channels in one room, and another 5 channels in another room. You can even configure a third room through the line out plug. If you have three zones setup, you have basically set it up as a pre-amp and audio server.
- With 170 watts per channel, there’s plenty of power and volume to go around. Onkyo gave this receiver WRAT capabilities or Wide Range Amplifier Technology to provide a low negative feedback design, close groundloop circuits, and maintain a high instantaneous current so the heavy bass and deep sounds are always inline. Dynamic gains sound fantastic thanks to this feature.