For many men, a beard is a prized work of art that can take a lot of time and energy to sculpt to perfection. Having the best beard trimmer is essential if you want to achieve your ideal style with as little of time and effort as possible. In 2016, there are quite a few different beard and stubble trimmers to select from so it can be a confusing and somewhat daunting task to pick the right one. We’ve gone ahead and done all of the research to determine the best trimmers for the new year based on quality, features, and overall consumer reviews. Which one will you go with?
Philips Norelco 9100 Beard Trimmer
- The Philips Norelco 9100 Beard Trimmer provides a unique way to achieve a perfect style with a built-in laser guide for maximum precision and performance.
- The pop-up laser guide emits a visible red line so you can align and plan out your trimming before you begin. This assists greatly in creating a perfectly symetrical style that’s crafted to perfection on each side of your face. And don’t worry – the laser is “Class 1” meaning that it’s perfectly safe for your body and eyes.
- Equipped with chromium-steel blades that offer neat and error-free cutting with no oiling or maintenance required – ever.
- Select between 17 different length settings that each lock into place with ease. Use the small turn-dial to set your preferred length, it will be displayed clearly on the LED screen so you’re always inline with the exact length you need.
- Cordless operation that integrates a fully rechargeable lithium-ion battery internally. It can be charged in one hour to provide one hour of run-time.
- Comes included with a small carrying pouch so you’ll always be able to store it properly and take it with you wherever you find yourself.
- Rinse it under your sink faucet to quickly and effectively clean it.
Philips Norelco 5100 Beard Trimmer
- The Philips Norelco 5100 Beard Trimmer provides a unique way to sculpt and craft your facial hair by combining two core functions into one device.
- Acts like two products in one since it has two sides to the blade. One that’s ideal for head trimming, and another that’s perfect for detailed, narrow trimming for areas like your sideburns, neck, around the mouth, etc.
- The blades sharpen themselves over time. The more you use it, the more it sharpens them. The blades are made from a chromium steel that requires zero maintenance or lubrication – ever.
- Each blade and comb has rounded tips so it’s easy on your skin. Irritation isn’t an issue because of this.
- Choose from 17 different settings that adjust in incriments from 1/64″ to 13/32″ (0.4 millimeters to 10 millimeters). Each setting locks into position so your trimmer is always set to the proper level.
- Easy to maintain and use for years to come. After you’re done using it, simply rinse it quickly under any faucet and you’re good to go. All you’ll really need to do is make sure that the battery is fully charged if you plan on using it for extended periods at a time. The built-in battery is a rechargeable lithium-ion that lasts up to 60 minutes, and takes the same amount of time to fully charge.
Wahl 9864 Slate Stainless Steel Trimmer
- The Wahl 9864 Slate Stainless Steel Trimmer provides men with all the options they need for total body hair grooming and trimming.
- Crafted as a deluxe, multi-purpose tool that incorporates a lithium ion 2.0 battery that offers a 4 hours of continuous use from just a single hour of charging time. The battery efficiency is top-notch and provides more use out of every charge than any other cordless trimmer that we’ve come across.
- Made with real stainless steel throughout. The body is of a durable finish that is built to withstand use over time. From first glance you’ll notice the sleek appeal in it’s fine durability that can withstand use for several years to come.
- The high performance blades are comprised of both stainless steel and carbon steel for added strength and longevity. They don’t need to be sharpened since over time they actually sharpen themselves.
- Comes included with a system 3 foil shaver with dual floating heads for a razer-like close shave anywhere on your body. Additionally, there’s a rotary nose hair trimmer that makes it easy to trim inside of your nostrils if need be.
- Wahl includes a zippered case and trimmer stand so your trimmer is always kept in a position that’s ready to be used, whether you’re at home or traveling on the road for weeks at a time.
- Made proudly in the USA and backed by an impressive 5 year warranty.
Philips Norelco QT4070/41 Beard Trimmer 7300
- The Philips Norelco QT4070/41 Beard Trimmer 7300 has been a top choice for several years. In 2016, it remains one of the best beard trimmers because of it’s versatility and useful features.
- Built in vaccum system cleans up your hair as you trim. It effectively captures all of the hair that would otherwise be dropped on your bathroom counter-top. The mess is stored in a small compartment that’s easily emptied and cleaned when you’re done using it.
- Select from 18 different length settings to achieve an appropriate look that you desire. Settings range anywhere from 1/32″ to 23/32″ (1 millimeter to 18 millimeters) so you can achieve just about any style you crave.
- If you prefer the stubble look, there’s an integrated setting for that. It’s set to 1/64″ or 0.5 millimeters so you can achieve a rugged and sexy look that many love.
- Need an extra boost of power? Simply push the “Turbo” button and you’re in for a treat. This provides an added boost for thick or curly hair that would otherwise be problematic in most scenarios. It essentially doubles the power to provide more cutting force for quick and effortless trimming that never pulls or provides discomfort.
- Use the travel lock to prevent an accidental power up when it’s stored away and not in use. It’s an ideal trimmer for traveling since it can be used without a cord thanks to the internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Comes included with a standard 24 month warranty period that protects it for the first 2 years of use.
- Virtually maintenance free. Use the included brush to keep hair out of the blades and rinse it down after each use.
- The Panasonic ER-GB80-S Beard, Mustache, Hair and Body Electric Trimmer is one of the latest releases in the Panasonic lineup. It promises to showcase all of the top notch features that you’d expect in a top of the line trimmer.
- Built with multiple 45 degree blades that give it a precise trim when accuracy is needed. They slice effortlessly through thick and thin hair of all types without becoming entangled or messy.
- The blades are made from stainless steel that’s completely hypo-allergenic so there isn’t any irritation when cutting close to your skin.
- Select from 39 different trim settings that are all personalized for your specific look and style. There’s a small dial that’s easy to adjust from 0.5 millimeters to 20.0 millimeters in very small increments.
- Integrated “slide-up” trimmer can be set into use with a simple sliding action of your finger. This is the ideal trimmer for perfecting your sideburns, mustache, or the edge of your beard.
- Comes included with three different comb attachments for all kinds of body hair. The “A Comb” is the attachment that’s ideal for 1-10 millimeters, the “B Comb” is the attachment that’s ideal for 11-20 millimeters. The last comb is ideal for grooming your body hair since it’s set to 1.5 millimeters.
- Easy to use, easy to handle. The design is sleek, lightweight, and beautifully crafted for maximum comfort and control. The handle is covered in a rubberized grip so the trimmer never slips up or trims where you don’t want it to.
- Users can either use it corded, plugged into an outlet, or they can use it completely cordless. The internal rechargeable battery holds up to 50 minutes of continuous run-time, and fully charges in an hour.
- Easy to clean and wash in a matter of seconds. Simply run it under your faucet and a simple regular rinse will do the trick.