Nothing beats the responsiveness of a mechanical keyboard – that’s the truth. For gaming, they offer an improved experience for those who are ready to use them to their full advantage. Often paired with a multitude of useful features, they offer several advantages over your typical wireless or standard keyboard. Some of these include improved durability, anti-ghosting, pass-through, customizations, and more.
We took a close look at some of the top rated mechanical gaming keyboards that would make a fine investment for those looking to improved their gameplay in 2016. Several brands and manufacturers have these available, but we only selected the few that are worth your time and money.
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016-Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- The Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 is a top of the line choice brought to you by battle-tested, elite gamers from around the globe.
- Feels sturdy, crisp, and tactile with state of the art mechanical switches to boost the overall feel and responsiveness of each key-stroke.
- Every single key is backlit-illuminated and you’re able to choose from five different dynamic lighting options in the typical “Razer Green” color.
- An incredible amount of durability is the key to this keyboard’s success. In fact, the Blackwidow Ultimate is rated for 60 million keystrokes.
- Comes included with a fantastic 2 year warranty period in case of any malfunctions or faulty parts. Full warranty details are available on their website.
- Offers USB 3.0 pass-through so you’re not using up your last existing USB ports. There’s also a headset jack that’s easily accessible.
- Built-in anti-ghosting feature keeps your game running smoothly at all times. The 10 key roll-over offers insanely fast responsiveness to whichever keys you’re using.
Corsair K30 Gaming Keyboard
- The Corsair K30 Gaming Keyboard provides anll of the essentials that most gamers look for when shopping for a new keyboard. Packed full of features and priced less than the Razer Blackwidow, it’s a prime choice in all regards.
- Since every key is illuminated, it’s easy to see in rooms in all ranges of brightness. The brightness of the illumination is adjustable to three options, and you’re also able to turn it off completely.
- Located on the upper end of the keyboard are six programmable keys that can be customized to any preset you desire. These keys can be made into macros, presets, or anything else.
- Internal memory that keeps the profile and settings of the keyboard stored locally. This way, your keyboard will run without specific software needing to be running on your system. Also, it makes transferring your keyboard from one system to another easy by keeping your preferred customizations and settings.
- Accurate keystrokes thanks to the Anti-Ghosting feature. When you press multiple keys, it’ll have no difficulty in the accuracy of your strokes. For fast paced, active gameplay, this is essential.
- Multimedia controls are always readily accessible on the top right section of the keyboard layout. With them, you can play, pause, stop, and move through media files with ease. The volume can also be adjusted here.
Logitech G710 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- The Logitech G710 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard offers a tactile feel with incredible quick responsiveness for high speed games that require exact precision. The sleek and stylish appearance is enticing, but the feature-rich details are worth dreaming about.
- Dual zone backlighting gives you the option to light up the WASD or directional arrow keys apart from the rest of your keyboard. This way, they stand out and are easier to quickly locate when you need them the most.
- Equipped with six seperate G-Keys that can be programmed to whatever functions you’d like. You can configure a maximum of eighteen functions for each game that you play.
- Anti ghosting keeps the keyboard interacting with your game with the utmost accuracy. When multiple keys are pressed or when keys are pressed at a fast rate, the Logitech M710 will never have any issues keeping up with the fast pace.
- Quieter than most mechanical gaming keyboards since the keys are equipped with dampening rings underneath.
- Comes included with a palm rest that gives an added touch of comfort.
Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- The Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard provides the world’s fastest actuations with Romer-G mechanical switches.
- Priced a bit more than the G710, but loaded with a few additional features. For example, the G910 has 9 programmable G-Keys instead of 6.
- Multimedia function controls are located easily accessible on the top right section of the keys. This keeps your media playing to your controls at all times, whether you’re in an intense battle or not.
- Integrated Smartphone Dock gives you instant access to all of the crucial in-game data that you need in order for you to play better. Pair this with the ARX Control App and you’ll be one step ahead of the curve.
- Fully customizable RGB illuminated keys gives you the flexibility of switching the colors around from any color in the entire world – literally. You can select from a massive pallet of over 16 million colors.
- Comes included with both a large and small palm rest for precise comfort.
HAVIT HV-KB366L RGB Backlit Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- The HAVIT HV-KB366L Mechanical Gaming Keyboard provides 104 fully mechanical RGB backlit keys and a load of additional features that offer plenty of customization.
- The backlit illumination is adjustable to 4 levels of brightness and 10 levels of breathing rate. However, all of the backlit modes are pre-programmed and you’re not able to adjust individual keys.
- Built of high quality materials including aluminum top housing and an aluminum base. This gives it a solid and quality feel, not the cheap and plastic-ridden feel you may be used to.
- Anti-Ghosting feature makes sure that multiple keys aren’t going to confuse it. With the N-Key rollover technology, you’ll be able to press as fast as you want without any hiccups.
- Protected by a full one year manufacturers warranty period to protect it from any malfunctions in the first 12 months of ownership.
- A great buy at an affordable price. Well-liked in the online gaming community, even though many haven’t heard of the brand HAVIT.
Gaming is such a fine tuned and fast paced activity that it often demands the most out of our hardware and peripherals. Investing in a quality mechanical gaming keyboard is a smart choice if you’re looking to up your game and improve the overall experience you have when you’re in your next battle or match. We’ve researched five fantastic choices for the upcoming year of 2016 that we believe make most noticeable differences with an assortment of ingenious features. Which one are you going to go with?