To make all of your digital photos come to life in their true detail and vibrance, you’ll need to invest in a high quality color photo printer. To make everything easier, we highly recommend using one that’s completely wireless with integrated WiFi capabilities, so you can quickly connect and print your digital images at any moment, from anywhere in your home.
We’re here to suggest several different photo-only color printers that offer both full wireless freedom and high quality results. Best of all, each of these can print directly from your smartphone or tablet – there are even a few that are geared specifically towards this.
Canon Selphy CP1200
- Designed for ultra-portability, the compact Canon Selphy CP1200 Wireless Photo Printer is the newest in Canon’s lineup of high end photo-specific printers.
- Built with a dedicated WiFi button that connects quickly and effortlessly to your network to link up with any device that’s currently on. You can print from your Apple or Android smartphones or tablets using the free and easy to use Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY app. Just make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as the printer, and within seconds you’ll be able to print.
- Prints borderless “postcard sized” photos that fully colored with no white space from edge to edge.
- As an optional upgrade, you can purchase the NB-CP2LH battery pack for truly wireless printing. It won’t need any physical connection since the rechargeable battery can sustain the printer for up to 54 prints on a single charge.
- With the integrated 2.7 inch LCD, you’re given a clear and concise view to select, edit, and adjust your images before they print. You can do all of this without the use of a computer – it’s all right there on the screen.
- Print from basically any kind of SD memory card, there are input slots for over ten different kinds of memory.
- Works with virtually any operating system including Windows, Mac, and even Linux.
Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer
- The Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer provides an ultra-compact solution to on-the-go mobile, fully-wireless printing. As a standalone portable printer, it produces incredibly detailed, rich-quality photos in a small 2″ x 3″ size.
- Most amazingly, it utilizes “ZINK” or Zero Ink Printing Technology. Yes, you heard that right. With this new technology, you won’t ever have to hassle with toner, ink cartridges, ribbons, etc. Using the Premium ZINK Photo Paper, the photos will be printing with rich color that’s fade resistant, even in bright, warm, or humid environments.
- Weighing in at just 7 ounces and measuring 3″ x 4.7″ x 1″, it’s extremely lightweight and compact – perfect for taking with you wherver you go. Best of all, it operates by way of an internal rechargeable battery. Plug into any USB port with the included Micro USB cable and within 90 minutes it’ll have a full charge. With a full charge, you can expect around 25 prints.
- Ideal for those who want to specifically print from their mobile devices, tablets, or smartphones, it connects using Bluetooth or NFC (near field communication) technology. Since it works with both iOS and Android, virtually any device is compatible with it.
- Prints edge-to-edge smudge-proof color. Each photo has a peel-back sticky paper so you can stick the photo anywhere you’d like.
- Available in four different color options – white, black, blue, or red.
HP Envy 7640
- With All-in-One functionality, it excels at color photo printing as it does with just about everything else, the HP Envy 7640 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Photo Printer is a great option.
- A powerful multi-tasker that can scan, copy, fax, two-sided duplex print, and of course – print high quality color photos. With speeds up to 9 pages per minute in full color, it’s quicker than most.
- Produces beautiful borderless color photos with a standard size of 4″ x 6″ and a maximum size of 8.5″ x 11″. The quality is superb, considering how fast the prints are finished.
- Offers full wireless printing abilities from virtually any WiFi connected device. Using the free HP ePrint app, you can print from your smartphone or tablet. In fact, you can use a new feature called “Wireless Direct Printing” that enables you to print without the use of a network. This way, you can make a connection directly to the printer rather than connecting to a WiFi network.
- The color touchscreen looks great and offers plenty of functionality to make the printing process much easier and more streamlined. You can access, store, and print with the tap of a finger.
- Has a sleek and stylish, black appearance with flat buttons to give it a modern yet simplistic appearance.
- Works well with just about any Operating System that’s out there including Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Backed by a generous 12 month warranty period from the date of purchase.
Epson PictureMate PM-400
- Engineered specifically to produce stunning quality digital prints, the Epson PictureMate PM-400 Wireless Compact Photo Printer provides an impressive lineup of advanced features.
- It’s compact and lightweight design pairs well with those who want efficient color printing, but don’t want to take up a lot of desk space. It’s capable of producing detail-rich 4″ x 6″ or 5″ x 7″ photos while producing no border and edge to edge color.
- Print directly from your tablet, smartphone, or portable device with full wireless freedom. The WiFi Direct feature makes a clean and secure connection to your home WiFi where it can be accessed by virtually any computer, laptop, or device that needs a printing job.
- Built-in 2.7 inch LCD screen gives you a clear preview and editing station for your images, all without the use of your computer.
- Known for producing some of the most durable and long lasting prints. In fact, Epson assures that the printed photos have the ability to last up to 200 years with proper storage.
- Decently quick at detail-rich printing tasks. Your average full color 4″ x 6″ color photo will print in around 36 seconds from start to finish.
Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer
- As another option that’s suitable for those who want specific smartphone printing capabilities, the Fujifilm Instax Share Smartphone Printer offers a quick and easy way to print from your portable devices.
- When connected, it’ll act like it’s very own WiFi Hotspot so you can quickly connect from any device that has the INSTAX Share App installed. With this app, you can adjust your images, select specific photos, and print with a few taps.
- Instead of using ink, toner, ribbons, or disposable cartridges, the secret is in the INSTAX mini film. It’ll develop instantly and print in rich detail thanks to the high speed ISO 800 that reproduces real color, tones, and effects without losing any to distortion.
- Powered by two CR2 lithium batteries that enable the printer to produce around 100 prints before they need changing. Although these batteries don’t recharge, they’re very inexpensive and you won’t need to ever hassle with charging or any cables.
- Right before you finalize a print job, you’re given the option to add a variety of included templates that can add a nice effect to certain shots.
- Ultra compact and portable for on-the-go use.