If you’re trying to build a gaming computer on a budget, you may want to consider investing in an AMD processor and AM3+ Motherboard. Priced much less than any Intel based build, AMD has a variety of AM3+ Motherboards that are designed to deliver fast speeds, overclocking capabilities, and a wealth of features that are all designed to improve your computing experience whether you’re an elite gamer, photographer, video editor, or just someone who enjoys a ridiculously fast PC.
Gigabyte AM3+ AMD GA-78LMT Micro ATX Motherboard
Budget-friendly and Surprisingly Fast.
- Priced at just $50, the Gigabyte AM3+ AMD GA-78LMT Micro ATX Motherboard is a very popular choice that boasts both high end efficiency and top of the line performance with a North Bridge AMD 760G and South Bridge SB710 chipset.
- Built for DDR3 Memory with 4 x 240 pin DIMM slots that can handle overclocking to 1333 MHz, it can handle a maximum of 32 GB of RAM for super fast speeds through Dual Channel.
- With a total of 6 SATA (Serial ATA) ports you can connect a massive array of hard drives and additional SATA support devices directly to the mobo.
- Built with 4 on-board USB 3.0 ports that support transfer speeds up to 5 GB per second. It’s the latest standard for transferring data or connecting peripherals through a USB connection.
- Multiple options for connecting your monitor or screen. Equipped with one HDMI port, one DVI port, and one VGA port.
- Plenty of slots for adding a wide assortment of cards. There’s one PCI Express 2.0 x 16 slot, one PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot, and a PCI slot.
- Ideal for those who are on a budget but don’t want to sacrifice speed, performance, efficiency, and overall quality.
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX ATX Motherboard
The Best of the Best – An Elite Gamer’s Dream
- Equipped with the latest Extreme Engine DIGI+ II technology, the ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard gives you the best control over your system’s speed and performance. There’s an assortment of specific analog and digital design elements that give you exact control over your system’s stability, efficiency, and overall performance.
- Using the latest 3-Way NIVDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX Technology so you can run dual GPU’s for stunning visual performance.
- Supports up to 32 GB of DDR3 memory reaching speeds of up to 2400 MHz with advanced overclocking features that optimize the system to run at it’s best when you need it the most. For gamers or those who seek ultimate performance, this AMD mobo seems to have it all.
- The Game First II feature gives an added priority to anything game-related to give you the best gaming experience that any AMD CPU can offer.
- Built with a 64 MB BIOS ROM that supports the latest UEFI BIOS that gives you advanced control over certain aspects of your system that matter the most to you.
- Very easy to overclock with the included AI Suite II. It pushes your CPU to the limit but no further.
- Backed by an impressive 3 year warranty period that covers your investment for a lengthy period once you own it.
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard
Feature-Rich and Designed for High-Demand Gaming
- Utilizing the incredibly fast AMD 990FX/SB950 Chipset, the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 is a super-powerful, super-efficient motherboard that’s built specifically for high demand gaming.
- Using DIP3 (Dual Intelligent Processors 3) Support, you’re given full range at the new DIGI+ Power Control Feature. This gives you an incredible amount of control and flexibility in the BIOS to manage and maintain your system from a new perspective. You can tune your motherboard to function exactly how you’d like.
- Using Remote GO!, you can mange all of your wireless entertainment, file sharing, and remote control right from a single dashboard.
- Well known as the first AMD supported motherboard that uses the new USB BIOS Flashback Feature. This gives you the easiest option to flash your BIOS using a simple USB flash drive. Nothing else is required so you can utilize this even when your system isn’t fully assembled.
- Two USB 3.0 ports and six USB 2.0 ports. Use the USB 3.0 Boost setting to drive the port into three different modes: normal, turbo, or UASP. It will give the most ideal transfer speeds to overwrite or read data as fast as possible.
- Comes included with Network iControl that gives you a new insight into your network. It provides real-time controls so you can scale the bandwidth and assign certain prioritizations for certain tasks, applications, or clients. It’s a useful feature to use when you’re wanting to dedicate a majority of your bandwidth to your favorite online game. Say goodbye to lag forever.
- Equipped with four DDR3 Dual Channel DIMM slots for adding up to 32 GB of RAM.
MSI 970 AM3+ Gaming ATX Motherboard
Great for Gaming and Overclocking.
- Built to excel with high end gaming and other intensive tasks like video editing, the MSI 970 AM3+ Gaming ATX Motherboard is equipped with an assortment of features that make it a great choice for those looking for high speed.
- Capable of supporting up to 32 GB of DDR3 Dual Channel Memory, it has 4 DIMMs for adding either 2133 (overclocked), 1866, 1600, 1333, or 1066 memory.
- Comes included with the unique OC Genie 4 feature that gives you the ability to overclock your CPU with a single click of a button. It will push your CPU right beneath it’s limit so it performs as best as it can. This way, you can get the most use out of your processor without pushing it too hard.
- Loaded with a wealth of USB ports for connecting anything you can think of. There are four USB 3.0 ports, and 12 USB 2.0 ports. Two of the USB 3.0 ports are in the rear, and two can be connected via headers. Eight of the USB 2.0 ports are in the rear, and six can be connected via headers.
- With six SATA3 ports, you can connect multiple high speed solid state hard drives for an incredible amount of storage space.
- MSI equipped it with Crossfire X support and also 2 way SLI for adding additional graphics cards for the ultimate gaming experience.
- Onboard Audio Boost 2.0 does a fantastic job at enhancing and perfecting the quality of audio to give more realistic, lifelike effects through your speakers.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 990FX ATX Motherboard
Super-Fast and Full of Gaming-Specific Features
- Designed specifically for the newest FX/AM3 Phenom II series processors, the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX Motherboard uses an advanced 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design to deliver incredible CPU support that excels with gaming.
- With two-way CrossFireX and SLI support, you can use two graphics cards to boost your video performance to the next level.
- Designed to support up to 32 GB of DDR3 memory with speeds up to 2000 MHz.
- Offers a unique BIOS interface thanks to the new Touch BIOS feature. Using hybrid EFI technology and a touchscreen monitor, you can control the bios with your fingertips – literally. No mouse of keyboard needed.
- Loaded with six native SATA3 ports that are capable of reaching speeds up to 6 Gbps. Also, there’s support for RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10. Additionally, the Turbo XHD technology is another thing to take advantage of. It will accelerate the hard drive performance without compromising any integrity of the hardware.
- Built to support Dolby Home Theater audio, it also has a high definition 108 decibel signal to noise ratio for amazing playback of the latest Blu-ray movies.
- Designed to save energy and use the most of it while it’s on and running. With the Easy Energy Saver technology, it’ll automatically optimize the power it draws from your PSU.