Wireless access at your home or office is an important technology that deserves a lot of attention. The need for a super-fast, reliable WiFi connection is a necessity for most individuals since our lives are now more connected than ever. One of most important factors when it comes to your network, is the hardware and infrastructure that it’s made up of. Particularly, the wireless router or access point needs to be performing to it’s best ability in order to provide a fast and hassle-free connection.
When it comes to your router, we recommend going with AC3200 Tri-Band technology since this gives way for reliable and incredibly fast speeds to multiple devices on your network. We took it upon ourselves to seek out and test, review, and report on a few great options for those who want the best AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router for their money. We found several top-performers from a wide range of manufacturers, and were surprisingly impressed with the available features and performance they had to offer.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (R8000)
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 delivers wireless connection speeds up to 3.2 Gbps while utilizing three bands of WiFi, perfect for households with multiple connected devices at all times.
- Inside is a 1 GHz dual core processor that constantly keeps things running smoothly at all times, even high intensity, face paced video games that are always demanding quick performance.
- Utilizes “Dynamic” QoS” bandwidth prioritization so you have the keen ability to control a list of all of your connected devices and give them each a position of importance. If you have a device that you hardly use, keep it towards the bottom of the list. Your more important devices like your tablets or smartphones can be prioritized towards the top if needed.
- Six external antennas amplify the wireless signal throughout your home through thick walls and ceilings. Although obstructions can dampen the reach, a router with more antennas and amplification power will always do it’s best to fill your space with a strong WiFi signal.
- Integrated USB 3.0 port located on the back side for installing your own storage device. This way, you’ll have a centralized storage area that you can store, share, and save files to and from.
- Comes included with “ReadySHARE”, an application that provides you with automatic scheduled backups for all of of the Windows PCs on the network.
- Using “Smart Connect”, the router will automatically select which WiFi band is best for each device. It can even connect slower and faster devices in a separate WiFi network. This makes sure that all the bands are being used to their full extent.
- Sold optionally with a 1 TB external hard drive or a cable modem built in for an additional upgrade price.
D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R)
- The D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router is another prime choice that’s designed to boost wireless performance and connection reliability using the latest advanced networking technologies. Ideal for large home or office use, it has the range you need, with the speeds you crave.
- Utilizes 3 simultaneous bands to deliver speeds up to 3.2 Gbps throughout multiple channels (600N on 2.4GHz + 1300Mpbs + 1300Mpbs on 5GHz).
- On the first band of 2.4 GHz, you’ll typically want to keep this channel for the simple stuff such as web surfing, skyping, printer sharing, etc. The next two bands of 5 GHz are ideal for high definition media streaming, online gaming, and multiple connected devices.
- Equipped with a 1 GHz Dual Core Processor that keeps things running fast and super efficient.
- Delivers smarter bandwidth by prioritizing the fastest available wireless signal for every device that was connected first. This way, you won’t ever experience slower speeds due to more devices joining onto the network over time. Although there’s plenty of available speeds for multiple devices, this is a nice feature to keep your most important devices as a priority.
- Uses “Smart Beam Forming” to improve the signal coverage throughout the structure of your home or office. It will direct the bandwidth in an efficient matter so you experience the same connection speeds regardless of infrastructural obstacles.
- Equipped with 6 high performance antennas that make way for a stronger WiFi network with less poor signal areas than ever before.
ASUS RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
- The ultra-fast and highly rated ASUS RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Router is another great option for those looking for top of the line performance from a trustworthy brand.
- Delivers a combined data transfer rate of 3.2 Gbps using the “Tri-Band Smart Connect” feature. It’s an intelligent system that chooses the appropriate band based on the current demands and abilities of your network.
- Integrated USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports for easily connecting external storage drives or other peripherals like printers or fax machines that don’t have wireless capabilities.
- Showcases Asus’s own “ASUSWRT” graphical interface that gives users a wide array of abilities to configure and customize. You’ll have an in-depth GUI to the back-end settings and network preferences.
- Easy to use and configure. Asus advertises a famous “30 Second Setup” that’ll have your new router setup and running without any hassles.
- Comes preloaded with network security settings and privacy protection thanks to Trend Micro’s software “AiProtection”. It also gives parents the ability to adjust filters and age restrictions for certain devices on your network.
- Comes included with a generous 2 year North American warranty that offers free shipping on any returns and 24/7 technical support that’s readily available for live troubleshooting if need be.
TP-LINK AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (Archer C3200)
- Built to stream, surf, and game with exceptional speeds, the TP-LINK AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Wi-Fi Router provides lag-free connection with reliable coverage and fantastic range.
- Uses “Tri-Band” to deliver up to 3.2 Gbps of combined speeds on one 2.4 Ghz channel, and two other 5 Ghz channels.
- Comes standard with advanced security settings through WPA/WPA2 encryption that protects your privacy and keeps intruders out of your network.
- With the ability to create an easy to use guest network, you can keep the visitors at your home on a completely different network than your main home network. Perfect for businesses that need two networks that are securely separated from each other.
- Included is the famous, industry leading two year manufacturers warranty that keeps it protected and guaranteed for the first 24 months of ownership. Pair this with the 24/7 technical support and you’ll always have a representative available to communicate with you in case of any troubleshooting.
- Equipped with a 1 Ghz dual core processor and 3 co-processors that keep the network running smoothly and lag free for all hours of the day.
- Two external USB ports, one with 2.0 and one with 3.0.
- 6 external antennas provide a constant flow of WiFi coverage in an organized and uniformed pattern for ample coverage in all directions.
Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router (EA9200-4A)
- With a price tag under $200, the Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router is an affordable option that shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Utilizes “Tri-Band” technology to deliver fast speeds up to 3.2 Gbps. With an integrated 1 Ghz dual-core processor, it’s speed is comparable to similar models that cost as much as $100 more.
- Equipped with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting several wired devices at once. There’s also two USB ports that offer the latest 3.0 version, making it easy to attach any media or data you’d like to share over your network.
- Use Linksys’s own “Smart WiFi Software” to monitor and control your network from anywhere at anytime. It’s an app that you install on your smartphone so you can always have your network at your fingertips. With it, you can adjust parental controls, create passwords, check speeds, prioritize devices, and a multitude of different configurations.
- Built with 6 antennas – three of them are internal, the other three are external.
- Uses “Beamforming Technology” to create a stronger signal that’s catered toward specific devices, instead of only sending out a strong wireless signal in every direction. It’s a technology that boost efficiency to deliver better coverage and further range.