When putting together your own Gaming Computer, the case you choose is one of the most important factors when it comes to a fully custom build. Mid Tower PC cases offer the ideal size for most systems that are designed to excel with the latest high end video games. With plenty of space for storage drives, several slots for expansion, and a healthy amount of ventilation and airflow, the Mid Tower size is the right choice for most.
But figuring out which exact case you’ll need is the tricky part. There are so many different ones to choose from – how can you even begin to select one? We’ve made the job a bit easier for our readers by taking it upon ourselves. We’ve tested out and reviewed five of the top performing, highest rated, and feature-rich, best Mid Tower PC Gaming Cases for 2016-2017. We’re here to share them with you.
Corsair Obsidian Series Mid Tower Case
Sleek and Straight-forward Design for High-Performance
- With a sleek and simple appearance, the Corsair Obsidian Series Mid Tower Case is designed with a roomy interior for top of the line airflow and cooling performance. With a beautiful brushed aluminum front panel and a body made from solid steel, it’s built with a wealth of expansion space for high-performance gaming rigs.
- Capable of handling a water-cooled system, but with up to seven fan mounting options, it’s a great choice for anyone looking for plenty of airflow that provides proper cooling for even the most beastly gaming computers out there.
- Comes included with two AF140L intake fans and a rear AF120L exhaust fan. Right out of the box, you won’t need any additional fans, unless you prefer more airflow.
- Equipped with both top, front, and rear power supply dust filters for catching excess particles so they don’t become a problematic nuisance to the internals of your system.
- Solid state hard drives can be setup and mounted under the motherboard so space can be used much more efficiently. It gets the drives out of the airflow path so there’s more air going to the critical spaces like your motherboard, RAM, and CPU.
- Built with a modular drive cage system so you can take out trays if you don’t need them.
- Front panel connections for dual USB 3.0, headphones, and a microphone port.
- Engineered for both simplicity and ease of use, there’s a large clear window on the side panel that gives you full view into your build.
- Sturdy cable management system keeps wires out of the way and cleanly organized.
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid Tower Case
Budget-Friendly, Simple, and Built for Functionality.
- The Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid Tower Case provides plenty of space for any mid-range or high-end gaming machine. With a multitude of different fan mounting options, the ventilation and airflow is top-notch.
- Located on the front panel is two fan mounts for one 140mm fan and one 120mm fan (one 120mm LED fan included). On the top there’s space for two 120mm fans, and on the rear of the case there’s space for one 120mm fan.
- With a huge clear side-panel window, you’ll be able to look directly into your machine and see the beauty at all times. Showing off the internal components with a large window like this is something that most gamers and custom PC builders love to have.
- There’s enough room to install up to four different storage drives at once. Whereas most people won’t need four drives, it’s definitely nice to have the available space. Both 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives are supported.
- Plenty of space for up to seven PCIe cards for adding all of your own custom additions to your motherboard. It even supports lengthy graphics cards that measure up to 420 millimeters long.
- Equipped with a cable-routing feature that enables you to route the cables in a more clean and efficient manner. This can promote better airflow and give off a much neater appearance.
- Comes included with a dust-filter on the front panel and near the power supply intake. It helps prevent the build-up of dust particles that can affect performance in the long run.
- Front USB 3.0 port with an internal connector cable for an easy connection to the motherboard.
NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Case
High-End, Powerful Performance with Optimal Airflow
- As one of the most unique, well-designed cases for the year, the NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Tower Case provides plenty of options for the gaming-fanatic that’s looking for a wealth of high-end, gaming-specific features that pair well with any custom build.
- With clearance for a top 240 millimeter dual radiator, you can install a water cooling system or a 120 or 140 millimeter fan for proper directional airflow.
- Comes included with a fully removable hard drive cage to give you more space for any video lengthy video card. This removable cage also makes it easy to swap in and out hard drives.
- The integrated fan controller gives you the ability to adjust the case fan speeds to three different levels – low, medium, high. It’s a nice feature to have if you don’t necessarily need your fans running at full power all the time. This also gives you the ability to turn down the fans in order to quiet down your system.
- 3 external 5.25″ drive bays and 6 internal 3.5″ slots for adding a wide range of different drives. Best of all, they’ve designed it in a screwless rail design that makes it easy to swap out your drives without the use of any tools.
- Available in four different color options – red/black, white/black, gun metal, and all black.
- Dual front USB 3.0 ports with headers that connect right to your motherboard.
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case
Simple Design with a Solid Build
- Built for great looks and high end performance, the NZXT S340 Mid Tower Case is a great option for those looking for a sleek style with a lot of upgrade options for a bad-ass custom build.
- Made out of SECC steel and ABS, it has a sturdy feel without the cheap “plasticky” feel that some cases may have. Since it comes in fiver different color options, you have a lot of freedom to choose the right style for your build – matte black/red, special Razer edition, matter black/blue, glossy white, or glossy black.
- With seven PCI expansion slots, it supports a wide range of motherboards including ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini-ITX.
- Equipped with several different internal bays for adding the drives of your choice. There’s enough space for three 3.5″ and two 2.5″ drives.
- The front panel has dual USB 3.0 ports and space to plug in your microphone and headphones.
- Each of the thumbscrews on the side panels are actually attached. You won’t lose or misplace them when you take the panel off since they’re always attached.
- One potential downside is that there is no room or bays for optical drives. (CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.)
- Dust filters placed near the fans to keep the interior clean and particle-free for months/years to come.
- Equipped with rubberized feet that keep it sturdy and positioned properly when place on the floor or desktop near your monitors.
Thermaltake Versa N21 ATX Mid Tower Case
Gaming-Specific and Geared for Amazing Airflow
- The uniquely designed and stylish Thermaltake Versa N21 ATX Mid Tower Case provides gamers with a wealth of features that are designed to increase airflow and promote proper cooling.
- The spacious design goes above and beyond just the interior. The exterior feet give the case an elevated stance so airflow can be brought in from the ground up. The bottom is much roomier than you may be used to, so it may appear a bit taller than other cases.
- Unique transparent side-window gives you a glance on the interior – a must have for any gamer who enjoys seeing the inside of their machine.
- With a totally tool-free design, you won’t need a screwdriver or any special tools to setup your build. The 5.25″ and 3.5″ drive bays give you quick access to swap out and/or install drives in a matter of seconds.
- The front panel has one USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports. Also a port for your headphones and microphone. However, they’re hidden and located behind a small closed door to carry-through the sleek and simplistic look.
- Comes included with a pre-installed 120 millimeter exhaust fan located on the rear panel. Additionally, you can place two 120 millimeter intake fans if you’d like (dust filters included).
- Supports 160 millimeter CPU cooler radiators and 250 millimeter long graphics cards.
- Backed by an impressive and generous three year warranty period.