Keeping track of the weather at home can be a fun and exciting venture, yet informative and quite useful. Whether you live in the desert south, the humid East Coast, or the rainy Pacific Northwest, having your very own wireless weather station can give you the upper-hand on daily weather events, storms, forecasts, and much more. Keeping track of what mother nature is doing outside will give you a better insight with more accuracy than any other method. No matter if you’re a weather geek, meteorologist, or just an everyday person, keeping track of the weather at home is becoming more and more popular.
In 2016-2017 the technology has gotten to the point where there are several full color and wireless weather stations available to spend your hard earned money on. But like anything you’re interested in, you’ll likely want one of the best so you can always count on accuracy, usability, and in-depth statistics. We’ve gone ahead and reviewed several wireless home weather stations that boast high end features with the reliability and quality you crave.
AcuRite 01058RM Pro Color Weather Station
- With the ability to monitor from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, the AcuRite 01058RM Pro Color Weather Station provides just about everything you could ask for in terms of high end features and overall value.
- With an integrated 5 in 1 wireless weather sensor, you get the most accurate readings from everything involved with the temperature, wind speed, humidity, rainfall, wind direction, and much more.
- Monitor the data in private, or share it with others like friends, family, or even public groups through the web with Weather Underground.
- With the free AcuLink Apps and MyAcuRite website, you can view the weather data from anywhere you’d like with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- Configure custom text and email notifications that alert you when certain levels have been reached in regards to rainfall, humidity, temperature, frost warnings, wind speeds, and much more.
- Beautiful color display that can be easily read from a distance across the room. It can automatically dim when not in use, or be manually adjusted to display at it’s brightest at all times.
- Sold with a single sensor or multiple sensors. Multiple sensors come in handy if you’d like to track two different specific areas. For example, your back yard versus your front yard.
- An internet bridge is included that enables you to connect to additional wireless sensors sold from AcuRite. At anytime you can add additional sensors without any guesswork.
AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Wireless Weather Station
- The AcuRite 01512 Pro Color Weather Station contains a super precise 5 in 1 wireless weather sensor that takes measurements of wind speed, wind direction, wind chill, heat index, dew point, barometric pressure, rainfall, humidity, and temperature with the utmost accuracy.
- Utilizes a self-calibrating technology to provide a personalized forecast based on a wide range of scientific parameters to give you a 12 to 24 hour forecast with a surprising amount of accuracy.
- Customizable weather ticker showcases real-time information as it becomes available. This way, you can visually read the text based messages and know what the conditions are inside and out.
- Track the moon phases, high and low record temperatures, rainfall records, and much more.
- Available in full color, black and white, and even full color with a dual display, the background is illuminated with an adjustable dimmer that keeps the screen highly visible, even from across the room.
- Very easy to setup and configure for the first time. Everything you need is included such as the mounting hardware and necessary instructions. The sensor can be mounted easily on the top of the roof or in an ideal location within a matter of minutes, and once you have it installed, you can expect the sensor’s battery to last up to 2 full years.
- Protected by a generous yet impressive one year limited warranty that gives you total assurance that it’s built for quality and longevity. AcuRite has been one of the leaders in home weather stations for the last decade.
- Works down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ambient Weather Observer Solar Powered Wireless Weather Station with WiFi
- The Ambient Weather Observer is a solar powered wireless weather station that uses WiFi to send and receive important internet data to give you the most complete and accurate readings possible.
- Transmits important data such as outdoor temperature, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, rainfall, and even UB and solar radiation information for a complete analysis of the current, past, and future conditions.
- Keeps track of important trends in the weather such as dew point, rainfall rate, and an intuitive, easy to read graph that displays key details of the barometer, temperature, and humidity.
- Keep track of historic weather patterns with the ability to export all of the data on an SD card so you can gain access to fine details in .xls or Excel format.
- Keep the weather station up to date with firmware updates and important changes using an SD card.
- Comes included with a full color display console that gives you all of the important weather facts in an easy to understand layout. With the LCD Measuring 6.25″ by 3.5″, you’ll have the ability to see and gain access to historical data, graphs, alarms, and calibrations.
- The sensor unit is equipped with a small solar panel and a set of three rechargeable batteries so it’s always powered up and ready to go without any unexpected failures due to loss of battery life.
- Optionally, you can add an Ambient Cam HD so you can get actual footage of the weather at hand. Although it’s sold separately, it’s a nice upgrade that gives you another advantage.
AcuRite 00589 Pro Color Weather Station
- For those who want sufficient weather readings but don’t want to spend a lot, be sure to checkout the AcuRite 00589 Pro Color Weather Station.
- Built with a 3 in 1 weather sensor that offers full wireless flexibility and pinpoint accuracy that you can trust. With it, you can measure the wind speed, temperature, and humidity with no guess work needed.
- Right out of the box it’s ready to go for easy setup and mounting. The sensors is built with a high speed anemometer with dual precision bearings, a temp and humidity measurement, and easy access to change the batteries when needed.
- Uses the data that it’s collected from your sensor along with a complete weather prediction algorithm to give you accurate forecasts for your specific location.
- The illuminated color display is easy to read and comes with a variety of lighting preferences for easy understanding from across the room. You can set the brightness to a manual setting or have it automatically dim when it’s not being touched or used.
- Equipped with an informative history graph that tracks the last 12 hours of barometric pressure, humidity, and temperatures. This way, you can easily spot certain trends in the weather patterns and plan for it.
- Works down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
La Crosse Technology 308-1414B
- With a full color LCD with bright and vibrant weather icons, the La Crosse Technology 308-1414B Weather Station gives you clear indication to monitor and track the weather as you need to.
- Built with an atomic self-setting time and date with the automatic ability to adjust to daylight savings time. It provides accurate readings with a great deal of precision.
- Users have the ability to setup and configure both indoor and outdoor temperature alerts so you’re always on top of the game when the storm rolls in.
- Sold in either black or white to match the decor and style of your interior so it can be placed on a counter top of hung on a wall and not look totally out of place.
- With a wireless range of up to 300 feet, it’s the appropriate choice for those who have large homes or yards where reception could otherwise be an issue.
- The screen’s weather icons are animated for an added effect.
- Very affordable.
- Works down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit.