Although the Xbox One X/S and the 360 aren’t Microsoft’s newest consoles, they’re still loved by millions around the world. The Xbox 360 was originally launched in 2005 while the Xbox One was launched in late 2013. Needless to say, they’ve been out for nearly 17 and 9 years, respectively. In this time, manufacturers have had plenty of time to develop a multitude of useful accessories.
Recently, we wrote a piece on the Best Xbox Series X carrying cases. Soon after, we realized we haven’t done the same for the Xbox One or 360. In the past we at NerdTechy have looked at wired controllers, replacement fans and other upgrades and parts exclusive to the Xbox One. While we haven’t really examined many Xbox 360 accessories, we’ll be today.
Although the Xbox One is a bit boxier and slightly larger than the 360, most protective carrying cases will fit either. Today we’re going to outline our favorite picks for the best travel cases for these consoles. We’ll outline multiple enclosures that are specifically designed to keep your console safe and sound when you’re on the go. While the Xbox isn’t necessarily ideal for travel, these carrying cases make it easier to bring your console along with you. Let’s get started!
Casematix Hard Shell Carrying Case
Only Compatible with Xbox One X
- The Casematix Hard Shell Carrying Case was specifically crafted for the Xbox One X. Being that it’s a hard-shell case, it’s regarded as the best, heavy-duty travel case for the Xbox One X. With a single glance, it’s obvious that this thing is built like a tank.
- Measuring 17″ x 14″ x 6″ and weighing in at just under 4lbs, the interior is equipped with a custom-cut foam that’s specifically shaped for the Xbox One X console and a few accessories. The dimensions perfectly fit a console with a small rectangular space for holding cables, a controller or headset. While it may not hold as many accessories as others, it’s best suited for those looking for the burliest design.
- The exterior is made of a hard-shell composite plastic that’s completely crushproof. The plastic is super-thick and built to last. Holding it in your hands, you can tell a lot of thought and R&D went into the design and execution of this case.
- When closed, there are four individual padlock rings that are built directly into the exterior of the case. Although a lock isn’t included, it gives gamers a safe and secure way to lock their console up so nobody else has access.
- Manufactured in the United States. Each case is assembled by hand and inspected by an actual person for the best quality control possible. Keep in mind, this case is ONLY for the Xbox One X and will not fit any other console.
USA GEAR Console Carrying Case
Compatible with Xbox One, One X/S and 360
- The USA GEAR Console Carrying Case is a highly versatile, well-built travel bag. It includes enough space for one console, two controllers, and enough space for cables, headsets and other accessories you need.
- Measuring 15″ x 12.25″ x 6.5″ and weighing in at around 3 lbs, it’s fairly compact and lightweight. The exterior is built from a RipStop nylon material that’s extremely tough and readily holds up to abrasion. It’s thicker, heavier and tightly woven in order to remain in good condition regardless of what you throw at it. In fact, the exterior is completely water-resistant and effective at preventing impact and scratches from all directions.
- Built-in soft grip handle makes it easy to carry like a suitcase. There’s also an adjustable, padded shoulder strap that’s included if you prefer to carry it this way.
- Plenty of compartments and zippered enclosures for storing anything you need. The interior is completely modular, meaning that users can customize the size of each compartment. In addition, velcro straps have been added to keep the console in-position while moving about. There’s even a secure compartment wall/divider that assures any accessories stored inside don’t collide with the console.
- Available in two color schemes: black on black or green on black. Best of all, USA Gear is a trusted manufacturer that’s been in business for a long time. Their Xbox carrying case is backed by an impressive 3 year warranty period, directly from the manufacturer.
ENHANCE Gaming Console Backpack
Compatible with Xbox One, One X/S and 360
- For those of you looking for something other than a suitcase-style carrying case, look no further than the ENHANCE Gaming Console Backpack. With two padded shoulder strap and plenty of storage, it’s one of the more-popular options in today’s market.
- Features a dedicated storage compartment with a padded divider that’s ideal for holding the console in its own space. Whether you have an Xbox One, X/S or 360, it’ll fit. Even laptops, VR headsets and other electronics are able to be carried simultaneously.
- There are four separate zippered points of access with three exterior pockets on the back. In addition, there’s a side-zipper (the height of the backpack) that exposes easy access to your console. The zippers feel solid, stiff but pull smoothly and create a water-resistant closure.
- Made of a thick nylon material that naturally repels moisture and wicks it away. It’s fully water-resistant. You can use this backpack in the rain without having to worry about your console staying dry on the inside. Overall, it feels very well-made with tight stitching, good quality materials and a well thought-out design.
- Backed by an impressive 3-year warranty. ENAHANCE is a reputable company that’s known for providing some of the best budget-friendly eSports gear on the market.
Case Club Heavy Duty Xbox One Case
Compatible with Xbox One, One X/S
- The Case Club Heavy Duty Case is specifically made for the Xbox One and X/S models. It comes with a pre-cut foam insert that precisely fits the Xbox One console, one controller, two games and all of the cords. In our opinion, it’s one of the most well-made and highest quality.
- The interior foam is a closed cell variety that’s designed for high-impact. It fits the console as snug as possible, but has a small cut-out that allows you to easily remove it when needed. When placing your console inside, the tightness of the fit gives you a good feeling of security, so it never moves while in transport.
- Comprised of a high-end military grade polyethylene plastic material. Holding it in your hands, it’s obvious that it was meant to withstand abuse and high-impact. Best of all, it’s smooth to the touch and can easily be wiped clean if needed.
- Equipped with four individual padlock holes for securing the contents. These holes are accompanied by a secure double-latch enclosure system with high-grade hinges that are obviously well-engineered.
- Measures 18.37″ x 14.25″ x 8″ and weighs just under 4 lbs. It feels strong, secure and high-quality. In fact, it comes with a lifetime guarantee that ensures countless years of wear and tear. Case Club is a USA-based company that’s known to stand behind their products.
CURMIO Travel Carrying Case
Compatible with Xbox One, One X/S and 360
- The CURMIO Travel Carrying Case has a well-made, two-tier design with plenty of storage space for your console, two controllers, cables and more. Available in black or gray, it has a generic design without any
- Measures 16.9 x 12.6″ x 6.7 with two separate compartments. The upper storage area comes with five dividers that let you customize the interior however you’d like. There’s even a padded pocket with a hook and loop closure inside.
- Comprised of a durable nylon fabric with a soft, velvet-like interior. The internal velcro enclosures wrap securely around your console to minimize movement while in transport. This is more of a medium-duty case, that isn’t too bulky but still provides ample protection.
- Comes with an optional adjustable shoulder strap. There’s also an integrated strap on the back that allows for easy attachment to a telescopic handle. Perfect for carrying with your luggage in the airport.
As you can see, there are quite a few carrying cases available. Since the Xbox 360 is a bit more outdated, there aren’t quite as many console-specific backpacks or cases for it. However, if you’re solely looking for the best for the Xbox 360, we recommend the ENHANCE Backpack. It’s our favorite style of the bunch and universally perfect for all consoles. There’s plenty of room inside, and it’s not over-engineered, bulky or uncomfortable.
If you’re looking for a hard case for the Xbox One, the Case Club is our favorite. It’s well-built and structurally sound. Keeping your console within gives you total peace of mind. The latch and hinge system creates a tightly-sealed enclosure.
Meet Derek, “TechGuru,” a 34-year-old technology enthusiast with a deep passion for tech innovations. With extensive experience, he specializes in gaming hardware and software, and has expertise in gadgets, custom PCs, and audio.
Besides writing about tech and reviewing new products, Derek enjoys traveling, hiking, and photography. Committed to keeping up with the latest industry trends, he aims to guide readers in making informed tech decisions.